[OPE-L:3785] Re: Predicting market prices

Gerald Lev (glevy@pratt.edu)
Thu, 5 Dec 1996 06:42:12 -0800 (PST)

Paul C wrote in [OPE-L:3783]:

> For the economies
> that I have looked at the most prominent of these is
> petroleum production and petroleum refining. Both of
> these are plausibly affected by rent factors.
> One gets appreciably better correlations between market
> prices and either values or prices of production if these
> industries are excluded.

Yes, but there are also "rent factors" on international markets related to
the differing productivities of labor among capitalist firms. How can one
observe and measure the international redistribution of value and surplus
value at the level of aggregation of a single capitalist economy?

In solidarity,

Jerry