[OPE-L:4199] Re: profit rate determination

Gerald Lev (glevy@pratt.edu)
Thu, 13 Feb 1997 03:13:39 -0800 (PST)

Ale R wrote in [OPE-L:4195]:

> Jerry:
> I find that your questions are fundamental, not only for understanding
> "actual capitalist economies" but also for formalizing more concrete
> steps of Marx's own theoretical account.

Thanks. Now if someone would get around to actually _answering_ my
"fundamental" questions, I would be a very happy man.

> However, I am not clear about the meaning of:
> "lets assume that everything above is true".

It means: _if_ we assume that what Andrew K wrote (in the section of his
#4191 reproduced in my #4192) is correct, where does that get us in
terms of _advancing_ our understanding of profit rate determination once
fixed capital, capital immobility, etc. are taken into account? Note also
that my question in #4192 concerned understanding "actual capitalist
economies" rather than interpreting Marx.

I'll pass for now on answering your other questions (I wrote a tentative
answer but I prefer at this time not to send it).

In solidarity, Jerry