[OPE-L:4201] Re: profit rate determination

Paul Cockshot (wpc@cs.strath.ac.uk)
Thu, 13 Feb 1997 07:04:55 -0800 (PST)

I think that you overestimate how difficult it is to do
empirical work.

It does not require funding, only access to a library with
back issues of national income statistics and a calculator.
A small computer is also helpful, but, since you are on the
web you must have that.

In thinking about the falling rate of profit the first thing
you should do is look at the time trends of the organic
composition, s/v etc in your country over the last 50 years or so
and then see if you can explain it.