[OPE-L:4248] Re: variable capital and time

Paul Cockshot (wpc@cs.strath.ac.uk)
Mon, 24 Feb 1997 11:02:25 -0800 (PST)

I think that you are getting yourselves into a whole pile
of nonsense with no bearing on the real world with
such questions.

They are entirely an artifact of the modeling process,
which introduces the arbitrary construct of a 'production
period'. There is no such thing when considering society
as a whole.

The appropriate formalism is in terms of continuous flows
and the differential calculus.