[OPE-L:4297] Re: Reorganizing ope-l

aramos@aramos.b (aramos@aramos.bo)
Fri, 7 Mar 1997 05:42:46 -0800 (PST)

In ope-l 4296, Paul Cs wrote:

> I think Gerrys attempts to get us to focus on
> what was the original intention of this group -
> developing an outline of political economy are laudible.
>
> How about banning all further discussion on topics
> that are already covered in Capital and restricting
> discussion to topics that are not covered:
> the world market
> international capital movements
> international transfers of profits and interest
> the role of the state in credit
> taxation
> the role of state labour in the economy
> population

I propose that, from now on, we FIRSLY send our posts to Paul
so that he decides "what is covered" and "what is not covered in
Capital". (I assume that we can discuss what "is covered" in
another Marx's books, like Contribution, or Theories...) Then, he
could forward only what is relevant for the list. This would save us a
lot of reading.

Hope we can vote soon about this practical reorganization of ope-l!!

BTW, I worked for 1 year in a research center on international
economics in La Habana, Cuba. In this --supposedly "highly
controlled" academic place, with a lot of "hard-line Stalinists"--
I NEVER HEARD a proposal like Paul's!!

Alejandro Ramos M.
7.3.97