[OPE-L:4348] Re: cost-price and all that

Michael_A._Lebowit (mlebowit@sfu.ca)
Tue, 11 Mar 1997 00:39:29 -0800 (PST)

In message Sun, 9 Mar 1997 07:33:05 -0800 (PST),
Gerald Levy <glevy@pratt.edu> writes:

> I remember now that I owe Mike L a reply to [OPE-L:4293]. Mike asks me
> what I think about his argument. To be honest, I'm still thinking through
> the positions advanced by Mike and Fred and would appreciate further
> clarification from Mike on his position re the starting point of V3.
> However, to "answer" one question with another, let me ask you what you
> think of Tony's explanation in his _The Logic of Marx's Capital_:
>

> Tony basically argues that the subject matter of V3 concerns capital in
> distribution (a point that you and Fred seem to agree with). In Tony's
> scheme of things, this can be represented by:

SNIP

> What do you think about the above?

What do I think about that? I think that I should go off and get a copy of
Tony's book! This is the second time that I've had to admit I haven't read
his book, and this is a case where his discussion seems quite relevant to
the questions at hand. I'm hesitant to comment specifically on the points
you in the absence of looking at his argument in general; maybe Tony can
comment further.

in solidarity,
mike

ps. As I recall from the earlier discussions, Tony also hadn't read my book.
Seems like a good basis for an exchange, Tony, if you have some author's
copies around. 8^)
Michael A. Lebowitz
Economics Department, Simon Fraser University
Burnaby, B.C. Canada V5A 1S6
Office (604) 291-4669; Office fax: (604) 291-5944
Home: (604) 872-0494; Home fax (with warning): (604) 872-0485
Lasqueti Island (250) 333-8810