[OPE-L:5038] Re: production and realization

riccardo bellofiore (bellofio@cisi.unito.it)
Fri, 16 May 1997 01:01:47 -0700 (PDT)

At 1:34 -0700 12-05-1997, Chai-on Lee wrote:
>Dear Fred Mosely,
>
>Your discussion in the latest post on production and realization was
>somewhat aberrant from the line. The issue at the moment is not about the
>realization but the determination. Some listmembers argue the magnitude of
>value is determined even after the production. The realization issue is not
>questioning the determination of value in the production sphere.

No, the point is if the magbitude of value is determined before production.

I guessed that for Marx the answer was: yes.

I also guessed that for Marx the answer was: no.

Hence the questions: is this an accurate picture of Marx's position? if
yes, is there here a logical flaw? if yes, is there some solution
compatible with Marx to get out from what I see as a difficulty?

riccardo