[OPE-L:5195] Re: Death of Martin Bronfenbrenner

Gerald Levy (glevy@pratt.edu)
Fri, 6 Jun 1997 06:26:26 -0700 (PDT)

Andrew K wrote in [OPE-L:5186]:

> I will always remember him as the person whose "solution" to the
> "transformation problem" turned out to be an exact replica of Marx's own
> procedure! So much for Marx's internal inconsistency!

My first inclination was not to reply to this post, but -- on second
thought -- I feel a question aimed at clarification is necessary (as I
find the above to be quite puzzling).

*If* Bronfrenbrenner's "solution" to the transformation "turned out to be
an exact replica of Marx's own procedure" which disproved allegations
re "Marx's internal inconsistency" ... *and*,

since you claim elsewhere (and repatedly) that TSS is the only solution
which establishes the above ... *then*,

doesn't it follow that you are claiming that Bronfrenbrenner's solution
was a a pre-TSS version of TSS [??? !!!]

In solidarity, Jerry