[OPE-L:5300] Re: ideal vs. real value

Chai-on Lee (conlee@chonnam.chonnam.ac.kr)
Mon, 23 Jun 1997 00:56:41 -0700 (PDT)

At 03:15 ¿ÀÈÄ 97-06-20 -0700, Mike William wrote:

>>Chai-on:
>>--------
>>Quite! I made a mistake in the last post. To the definition of commodity,
>>neither value nor use-value is crucial. But the value-form is the most
>>crucial because the non-labor products that have no value can take the
>>value form being sold and bought with money.
>>
>>Sometimes, ill trained customs makes me to commit such mistakes.
>>
>>In solidarity,
>>
>>Chai-on
>

>Michael W:
>Welcome aboard, Chai-on; I always new you were a Value-form theorist!

Chai-on
-------

The value form theorists does not admit the form of value is one thing and
the substance of value is another. They do not acknowledge the substance of
value but I do. Moreover, the definition of commodity as the form of value
is not identical to the definition of value as the form of value.

Yours,

Chai-on

Chai-on Lee
Associate Professor of Economics