[OPE-L:5310] (Fwd) Help! Humanities should be dissolved

Michael Williams (Michael@mwilliam.u-net.com)
Mon, 30 Jun 1997 13:28:37 -0700 (PDT)

Date: Mon, 30 Jun 1997 18:59:59 -0700
From: Joachim Schummer <Joachim.Schummer@GEIST-SOZ.UNI-KARLSRUHE.DE>
Subject: Help! Humanities should be dissolved
To: Multiple recipients of list HOPOS-L <HOPOS-L@LSV.UKY.EDU>

Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences in Karlsruhe
is in danger of being dissolved

The commission for university structural affairs of Baden-Wuerttemberg,
Germany has recommended the government (June 21, 1997) to dissolve the
Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences at the University of
Karlsruhe. In the disguise of an enlightened measure to improve the
educational ressources of the country, the government obviously intends
to take
radical economy measures mainly at the expense of the humanities.

Please support the preservation of the Faculty of Humanities and Social
Sciences! Complete our electronic form to require the government to
preserve the humanities and social sciences in Karlsuhe:

http://www.uni-karlsruhe.de/~philosophie/iinitiat.htm

We run an electronic list of contributers in order to raise the public
pressure. Responses from the international community are particularily
welcome.

Please forward this message!

Thanks for your help,
Joachim Schummer

Dr. Joachim Schummer
Institute of Philosophy, University of Karlsruhe
Postfach 69 80, D-76128 Karlsruhe, GERMANY
Joachim.Schummer@geist-soz.uni-karlsruhe.de

*===================================*
Michael@mwilliam.u-net.com
"Books are Weapons"

Dr Michael Williams
Department of Economics Home:
School of Social Sciences 26 Glenwood Avenue
De Montfort University Southampton
Hammerwood Gate SO16 3QA
Kents Hill
Milton Keynes