[OPE-L:5555] Re: Humbug Aggregate Price-Value Correlations

Tsoulfidis Lefteris (lefteris@macedonia.uom.gr)
Wed, 1 Oct 1997 06:01:58 -0700 (PDT)

andrew kliman wrote:

> T: "- there is some theoretical work on that published in CJE (1989?) by
> Beilefield and also by Van Parys in AER (1983?).
> Seton also claims that in a 3x3 sector economy one can verify Marxs claims
> about the direction of price-value deviations but not in n sectors and also
> does Pasinetti (1977)."
>
> Thanks for the citations: I'll try to look these studies up. Pasinetti and I
> suspect the others presuppose a difference between the "price" and "value"
> compositions of capital. Both variants of the single-system interpretation
> (simultaneous and temporal) reject this, and support the rejection on the
> basis both of theoretical claims Marx's made and of the ability to replicate
> his theoretical conclusions partly by means of the single-system notion.

I just want at this moment to give the exact citations, because I
misspelled the names of the authors and the years of publications

1. Bienenfeld, M. (1988): Regularities in Price as an Effect of Changes
in Distribution" CJE 12(2): pp. 247-55

2. Parys, W 1982 "The Deviation of Prices from Labor Values" AER 72(5):
pp. 1208-1212.

I will try to address the other issues some time next week.

In solidarity

Lefteris Tsoulfidis