From: Paul Cockshott
Sent: Wednesday, October 22, 1997 5:20 PM
To: andrew kliman; ope-l@galaxy.csuchico.edu
Cc: ope-l@galaxy.csuchico.edu
Subject: [OPE-L:5629] RE: Karl Marx in _The New Yorker_

Paul: "possible inconsistencies between the two volumes [of _Capital_] are of
no great importance either scientifically or politically."

John Cassidy obviously disagrees. So does Anthony Brewer, etc. And because
they consider the issue important, it is *therefore* an important political
issue. We can make history, but not under the conditions that we would
choose.

Paul: "we have strong empirical evidence for the labour theory of value."

I don't think you do.

Andrew Kliman