Re: [OPE-L] Everything

Allin Cottrell (cottrell@ricardo.ecn.wfu.edu)
Mon, 9 Feb 1998 19:14:08 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 9 Feb 1998, Alan Freeman wrote:

> What I don't thing we should do is:
>
> (a) pretend there isn't a problem

I'm in the dark as to what "the problem" is supposed to be,
other than the aggro generated by the second-order discussions.
Does any contributor seriously feel that his (I'd say "or her"
but I'm afraid that would be otiose) views/arguments are not get
a hearing here?

Small parable: I posted some arguments concerning productive and
unproductive labour here a week or so ago. Nobody has paid them
the slightest attention. Do I start complaining about
suppression? Well, no, I bethink myself, and recognize that in
attempting to reply to the debate at large I said that "some
contributors" said this, and "some" said that, without naming
anyone by name. I could have taken the trouble of visiting the
archive and cutting and pasting to personalize what I was
saying, but -- short of time -- I did not. I get what I
deserve: Nobody was named; nobody responded. AC internalizes a
small second-order thought about ope discussions.

Allin Cottrell.