[OPE-L:6263] Re: archives

Ajit Sinha (ecas@cc.newcastle.edu.au)
Thu, 12 Mar 1998 18:40:31 +1000

Jerry,
The reason I opened the archive discussion again is that Barkley Rosser had
come to my panel at Chicago, and he was interested in knowing what I
thought of Alan Freeman and Co.'s proposed solution to the transformation
problem. I told him about the debate between me and the TSS people that
took place on ope-l. He is quite interested in reading this debate. He also
informed me that he had approached you, but you declined to let him in the
archive (which you were right to do, according to the policy). I do think
that the archive should be opened up or some decision should be taken on
it. But before we could get there, may I ask everybody concerned to allow
Barkley in the archive. If nobody has any objection, then we should follow
the precedent established in the case of Simon's student. Cheers, ajit sinha