From: owner-ope-l@galaxy.csuchico.edu on behalf of Ajit Sinha
Sent: Tuesday, March 31, 1998 3:33 AM
To: ope-l@galaxy.csuchico.edu
Subject: Re: [OPE-L] Re: Two Rates of Profit?

Ajit wrote: "In Marx's own solution to the transformation problem there is no
technological change.
Moreover, the assumption of no technical change has nothing to do with
'stationary state'."

I think Fred Moseley also shares this belief that Marx assumes away technical
change in discussing the transformation (non-problem). However, I have never
seen a shred of evidence in support of it.

I suspect it is a myth, similar in origin, purpose, and function to the myth
that, in _Capital_ I, he assumes organic compositions of capital are equal.

Andrew Kliman