[OPE-L:6487] Re: Re: Competition and equalization of profit rates

Paul Cockshott (wpc@faraday.org)
Wed, 22 Apr 1998 09:31:55 +0100

Eduardo Maldonado Filho wrote:

> The long-run equilibrium profit rate, in this context, is the average of a
> autoregressive process of order p. That is, I have taken the whole sample
> and calculate the average of this autoregressive process. This average, I
> assumed, is the expression of the average rate of profit of the brazilian
> manufacturing industry,

Do you find that for Brazil the rate of profit of industries is statistically
independent of their organic composition, or is it negatively correlated with
the organic composition as it is in the UK and the US?