[OPE-L:6517] Re: [OPe-L] Re: Obsolesence

Paul Cockshott (wpc@faraday.org)
Mon, 27 Apr 1998 15:19:31 +0100

I suspect that Johns example is rather unrealistic because it assumes
no fixed capital and yet has an organic composition of 6. In my
experience
if one looks only at the constant capital flows, such high organic
compositions
are almost non-existent with the possible exception of flour milling (
ignoring
the fixed capital value of the silos ), and edible oil processing.
In these industries the high organic composition arises from the
seasonal
character of the harvest. Under these circumstances Johns example might
hold but it is most rare.