[OPE-L:27] [OPE-L:249] Re: Re: Re: Chapter 1

clyder@gn.apc.org
Thu, 29 Oct 1998 12:56:54 +0000

At 06:45 PM 29-10-98 +1100, you wrote:

I don't think
>exchange relation is necessarily an RST--a point I think Gil had made
>earlier. x does not exchange against x, and if x exchanges against y and y
>exchanges against z, it does not mean that x exchanges against z. You may
>always require y to mediate.
Are you serious about this, do you really think that the value of
1 kilo of gold is not represented by one kilo of gold?
If that were not true, then one kilo of gold must exchange for
more or less than one kilo of gold. It thus implies that by
exchanging gold with gold one person could become arbitrarily richer.
If that were possible, there would be no problem in explaining the
origin of profit.
Paul Cockshott Dept Computer Science University of Glasgow
wpc@dcs.gla.ac.uk