[OPE-L:6990] [OPE-L:482] Ernst on Re: Re: Kliman on Moseley

John R. Ernst (ernst@PIPELINE.COM)
Tue, 23 Feb 1999 09:52:57

I tend to agree with Andrew on this one. The point of the
quotes eludes me. Is the term unknown or strange? Suppose
Andrew had identified Fred as a Marxist. Would that be
in quotes? On the hand, had Andrew referred to Fred as an
elitist, surely quotes would be in order.

After all the discussion of simultaneous valuation on this list,
it's a bit much to be unable to use the term -- "simultaneist"
without the quotes. Since discussing this stuff with Fred beginning
in 1981, I have always thought of him as a simultaneist. But
here our dialog begins rather than ends.

I look forward to Andrew's answer and not to further discussion of this.

John