[OPE-L:7011] [OPE-L:503] Re: Re: Kliman on Moseley

Gerald Levy (glevy@pratt.edu)
Thu, 25 Feb 1999 06:50:37 -0500 (EST)

Andrew K wrote in [OPE-L:502]:

> The term
> *simultaneism* refers to a *common element* that you share with the
> mainstream Walrasian tradition, Bortkiewicz, the New Interpretation,
> Bruce Roberts, Anwar Shaikh, the surplus approach, etc.

This assumes what must be proved, i.e. whether there is a common element
among these varied authors and traditions? For example: what is the
common element between the mainstream Walrasians and Anu? What is the
common element among Duncan, Fred and the surplus approach? What is the
common element that Bruce and David has with Bortkiewicz and with all the
rest of the above?

> This
> commonality needs to be called *something*. If not *simultaneism*,
> then what?

The only commonality that I can think of is that they are all not TSS.

Thus, perhaps, a designation such as --

NON-TSS

-- or (to chose a more trendy way of putting the same distinction) --

TSS-NOT

would serve the purpose.

Nonetheless, if one was to make a statement such as "the NON-TSS (or
TSS-NOT) position holds x,y,z" then it would still be the responsibility of
whoever made that claim to demonstrate that *all* those who that author
identified as being in NON-TSS (or TSS-NOT) hold x,y,z.

In solidarity, Jerry