[OPE-L:7109] [OPE-L:608] Re: Re: equilibrium and non-equilibrium

Ajit Sinha (sinha@cdedse.ernet.in)
06 Mar 99 13:54:26 IST (+0530)

Alan wrote:

> Now, if one was literally to take the Ricardian approach I think
> one would say
> that equal-profit-rate-prices-of-production (EPRP) are the prices
> at which
> goods actually exchange. One would take profit rate equalisation
> as the
> definition of price. Indeed this is Ricardo's literal argument;
> treating
> interest as the price of capital he states (pace Gil) that
> capital cannot have
> two prices.
I disagree. Ricardo's "natural prices" are the gravitational
points, which he clearly distingwishes from "market prices". Just
take a look at the book.

Let me ask you a question. Do you have a theory of price? If yes,
then what is it?

Below you say that the process of profit rate equalization itself
changes the equal rate of profit. Could you give us your reasons
for this? Cheers, ajit sinha
________