[OPE-L:7441] [OPE-L:974] Re: Re: online journal

Michael Williams (michael@mwilliam.u-net.com)
Wed, 12 May 1999 13:21:02 +0100

Ajit wrote:
> If it is going to be journal written by people from within
> ope-l, then I think we do not have the critical mass to carry on
> with a meaningful journal. If you want to start an open on-line
> journal, then that's a different matter and has more viability in
> my opinion. > >

>From Paul's use of the word 'sponser', I had taken it as read that it would
be run by an OPE-L based editorship, but would, of course, be open to
submissions from anyone. The only possibly tricky issue is to decide what
range of subject matter it should consider - presumably that for which OPE-L
provides a forum?

Michael

"Work is of two kinds:
first, altering the position of matter at or near the earth's surface
relatively to other such matter;
second, telling other people to do so.
The first is unpleasant and ill-paid; the second is pleasant and highly
paid."
[Bertrand Russell, cited in The Oxford Book of Work, edited by Keith Thomas,
OUP, 1999]