[OPE-L:1147] Re: Re: Re: Re: Unproductive labour income and Marxian social accounts

From: Jurriaan Bendien (djjb99@worldonline.nl)
Date: Wed Sep 08 1999 - 02:52:48 EDT

Dear Ajit,

I am not the author of the quote you refer to. Michael Williams is the
author, so your critique is of him. I said at the time I "broadly agreed"
with it, to the extent that I think the embodied labour theory is wrong and
many services are not "embodied" (I confess I do not fully understand
Williams position for the rest of it).

Cheers

Jurriaan

At 11:47 AM 9/8/99 -0700, you wrote:

>Jurriaan Bendien wrote:
>
>> >I do not see that the inclusion of services under Commodity undermines
>> >anything but the long-discredited *embodied* labour theory of value.
Once we
>> >are in the realm of abstract labour accounting, the 'value theory of
labour'
>> >and a value-form view that value and money are two aspects of a single
>> >system, we are indeed better able to apply Marx's fundamental critique to
>> >late second millenium capitalism.

>This is sheer nonsense! People who talk about "value theory of labor" etc.
have