[OPE-L:1155] "long discredited"

From: Allin Cottrell (cottrell@ricardo.ecn.wfu.edu)
Date: Wed Sep 08 1999 - 09:01:04 EDT

On Wed, 8 Sep 1999, Michael J Williams wrote:

> Just for the record, it is me, Michael Williams, not
> Jurriaan, who is responsible for what Ajit, with his usual
> thought-through subtlety and determination to engage with
> other people's views, here calls "sheer nonsense".

Talking about engaging with others' views, the statement at
issue -- "I do not see that the inclusion of services under
Commodity undermines anything but the long-discredited
*embodied* labour theory of value" -- is itself pretty
pugnacious, given the number of people associated with ope-l who
have spent a lot of intellectual energy defending and
quantifying that theory.

Allin Cottrell.