[OPE-L:1161] Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Unproductive labour income and Marxian social accounts

From: Ajit Sinha (ajitsinha@lbsnaa.ernet.in)
Date: Thu Sep 09 1999 - 05:37:54 EDT

Jurriaan Bendien wrote:

> Dear Ajit,
>
> Your write:
>
> I think Marxist
> >economic theory will not make much progress until we are clear about a
> couple of
> >questions: why Marxist theory needs a theory of value, and what question a
> theory
> >of value is supposed to answer.
>
> Are you clear about it ? If so, can you specify why you think Marxist
> theory needs a theory of value, and what question a theory of value is
> supposed to answer ? Or else, can you supply refernces to your basic point
> of view ?

I think my response to Paul C. would be a good point to start a discussion. I
would be happy if you take a look at couple of my papers:

'A Critique of *Capital* vol. one: The Value Controversy Revisited', *Research
in Political Economy* vol 16, 1996, (eds.) Paul Zarembka and Ajit Sinha

'The Transformation Problem: Is the Standard Commodity a Solution', Forthcoming
in *RRPE*

A short piece on 'Labour Theory of Value', forthcoming in *Readers Guide to
Social Sciences* could also be helpful. Cheers, ajit sinha