[OPE-L:1304] Re: Re: Re: Advertising and productive labour

From: zarembka@acsu.buffalo.edu
Date: Mon Sep 20 1999 - 15:49:13 EDT

On 09/20/99 at 03:54 PM, "Michael J Williams"
<michael@williamsmj.screaming.net> said:

>>If it [a mortgage] is to be a commodity, where is ANY labor power
>>involved (remember the banking system as intermediary is abstracted
>>from the question) whether productive or unproductive

>I do not agree that there is no labour involved in producing a mortgage
>package. And if, as is typical, that occurs under capitalist direct
>production relations, it is in principle productive.

You once accused me of not reading you carefully, but I suppose I now have
to throw it back--"the banking system [they are the ones who prepare a
mortgage package] as intermediary is abstracted from the question" (see
above).

On your two other paragraphs I don't believe I have more to add at this
time.

Paul

Paul Zarembka, supporting RESEARCH IN POLITICAL ECONOMY at
******************** http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/PZarembka