[OPE-L:1318] Re: Re: Why I started a fresh debate on productive labour.

From: Michael J Williams (michael@williamsmj.screaming.net)
Date: Wed Sep 22 1999 - 05:57:00 EDT

> For the record, I would like to distinguish my position from those of
> Keynesian growth economists. I am not trying to plot an optimal growth
path
> for capitalism by trying to establish how the maximum extraction of
> surplus-value could be realised, although I may have been interpreted that
> way by some.

Certainly not by me, Jurriaan. My attempted analogy was technical, not
political. On the other hand, I do not think orthodox economists are all
talking nonsense all the time, so I do not mind (critically) appropriating
their insights. (Nor is this meant to impute any view to you, one way or
another, on the 'scientific' value of orthodox economics.)

Comradely greetings,

Michael