[OPE-L:1390] Re: still more on advertising and productive labour

From: zarembka@acsu.buffalo.edu
Date: Thu Sep 30 1999 - 22:11:54 EDT

On 09/29/99 at 10:31 PM, "Michael J Williams"
<michael@williamsmj.screaming.net> said:

>> Michael, I don't want to push too much but can I remind you to think about
>> my question [OPE #1308], in connection with thinking about the above:
>>
>> "In our case, Moneybags earns interest with coupons received and the
>> borrower pays. Abstracting from intermediation only means to get to this
>> relationship. Does this relationship, for you [Michael], represent a
>> commodity transaction?"

>No.

>Michael

Michael, why not? There is a seller and a buyer? Are you now saying that
not all transactions involving money are commodity transactions? Paul

Paul Zarembka, supporting RESEARCH IN POLITICAL ECONOMY at
******************** http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/PZarembka