[OPE-L:1397] Re: Marx and the BBC

Asfilho@aol.com
Sat, 2 Oct 1999 02:44:46 EDT

Dear all,

I think the BBC poll is wonderful news. It will increase interest, add
respectability, and provide a very good punchline to our debate with
non-Marxists. Where are the icons of neoclassical economics on the list? Who
has ever heard of Marshall? Friedman? They are intellectual minnows. Marx is
a giant. That's settled forever. All the institutional pressure of capital,
including through the BBC - a profoundly conservative (and anti-Marxist)
organisation - have been unable to prevent this triumph for Marx, and for
those who try in different ways to keep his work alive. That's us, and lots
more people around the world. It feels great!

Alfredo.