[OPE-L:1440] RE: Re: RE: Re: Re: Levels of abstraction

Chai-on Lee (conlee@chonnam.ac.kr)
Thu, 7 Oct 1999 17:51:23 +0900

Jurriaan writes:
=============
I meant to say "present material according to dialectical principles".

Chai-on
=====
Building a model in accordance with a given principle is adapting facts

Jurriaan writes:
=-=========
Uno tried to build on Marx's own work. His idea is that the pure theory is
a basis for sifting and assimilating more historical material.

Chai-on
======
If the pure theory is the basis for sifting and assimilating historical
He sifted and assimilated facts so as to build a pure theory and the pure

Jurriaan writes
==========
I'll be happy to consider your argument, but as I have said I do not read
Japanese so I cannot check a lot of the Unoist literature. I do not know
what actual guidelines Uno gives for concretising the pure theory.

Chai-on
======
As far as I know, Uno's work is printed in english by Sakine in a single
Actually he did tell nothing about the guidelines. The guidelines are to

Jurriaan
======
I would not necessarily agree with that logic. That would mean that
scholars who studied Marx after Marx died must be better than Marx, but
unfortunately that is not generally the case either.

Chai-on
=====
Of course, we are inferior to Marx as we are still his students. But we

In solidarity

Chai-on