[OPE-L:1461] Re: Re: Shooting unproductive workers

Paul Cockshott (wpc@dcs.gla.ac.uk)
Tue, 12 Oct 1999 13:52:35 +0100

At 08:15 11/10/99 +0000, you wrote:
>Paul, Just so I am clear on your position, wage-laborers at, say, Chrysler
>producing tanks are unproductive labor? Correct? Paul

That is right. Such labour is a consumption of the surplus not a contribution
to it. If a nation chooses to devote its taxes to buying tanks or to
drafting the
workers who would have built them into the army as infantry, the result is
equally
unproductive, though the former may be militarily more effective, but that is
a different matter.