[OPE-L:1484] Re: Marx's ordering

C. J. Arthur (cjarthur@pavilion.co.uk)
Sat, 16 Oct 1999 00:06:32 +0100

Jerry is right to ask for an integrated theory of th six books. In relation
to this:
1. marx somewhere referred to Caital/WagedLabour/LandedProperty as "the
inner totality" of boureois society. I take it this means that the
dialectical connections would be tighter here than in the further
developments.
2. marxists have often tried to go straight from Vol.1 to the state as if
the state was only there to secure the conditions for accumulation.
3. Those who complain "there is no crisis theory in Capital" should ponder
the implications of the fact Marx intended to trat this in book 6.

Chris Arthur

P. S. Please note that I have a new Email address,
<cjarthur@waitrose.com>
but the old one will also run until next summer. (To be doubly sure load