[OPE-L:1512] Re: Re: Lapides and Marx's wage theory

michael a. lebowitz (mlebowit@sfu.ca)
Wed, 20 Oct 1999 09:56:59 -0700

At 08:59 AM 10/20/1999, Paul Z wrote:

>Mike,
>
>Thanks a lot for forwarding your 1993 S&S paper which I'll read, and also
>reread Lapides "Is There a 'Missing Book' on Wage Labor?" in his *Marx's
>Wage Theory in Historical Perspective*.
>
>I take from your reply that you have no "scholarly integrity" beef against
>Lapides OTHER THAN his failure to cite and response to this 1993 S&S
>article of yours, i.e., that "quite critical" is not the same ball of wax
>and occurs all the time on this list (as one example).

Nothing which preceded my reading of his book. You have already provided a
series of quotes from on this in #1497, and they are not limited to whether
or not he cited and responded to me.

        mike
Michael A. Lebowitz
Economics Department