[OPE-L:1531] Re: Re: Lapides and Marx's wage theory

zarembka@acsu.buffalo.edu
Fri, 22 Oct 1999 09:49:21

Jerry, the issue is not off the table because I continued the sentence you
cut off with an additional reaction to those who say that Capital
"de-emphasizes" class struggle:

"My essential point was that Capital as theory has revolutionary
implications for the exploited class (more so than, say, the Communist
Manifesto) and thus to disagree that Capital "de-emphasizes" class
struggle (cf. ope-l 1515 and ope-l 1518; i.e., the position of Mike L.
and, I believe, yourself)."

At least twice I have commented that you share with Mike a perspective
that Capital does "de-emphasize" class struggle. I don't mind that you
cut off quotes--I do it also--but don't understand why you cut off this
particular issue.

Regarding "completeness", I don't have a major problem with how you
describe my position, but am a little uncomfortable with making a big
thing about a word "completeness" or a phrase "missing book". That is, I
am more interested in getting on with the theoretical issues themselves.

I'll deal with your other comments on another occasion.

Paul

Paul Zarembka, supporting RESEARCH IN POLITICAL ECONOMY web site
******************** http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/PZarembka