[OPE-L:1849] Re: News from Paul B

Subject: [OPE-L:1849] Re: News from Paul B
From: Gerald Levy (glevy@PRATT.EDU)
Date: Mon Dec 06 1999 - 21:04:41 EST

Paul Burkett, from Indiana State University, has decided to re-enlist in
OPE-L!

Paul B, who recently authored _Marx and Nature: A Red and Green
Perspective_ (New York, St. Martin's Press; London, Macmillan) [see 1832],
is one of the 11 original members of OPE-L who founded the list way back
in early September, 1995. Indeed, you can be able to see for yourself by
looking at the archives for our early months that Paul B (at one point
early in our history there were 4 members called Paul -- affectionately
called "the four Pauls") was a very active participant in many of our
discussions.

I am, consequently, very pleased to tell you that Paul, after several
years away from the list, has decided to re-join the rest of his former
shipmates for future voyages on the good ship OPE-L.

With his assistance, perhaps we can voyage to what for us are some
uncharted waters. For instance, we have in close to 4 1/2 years never
had a sustained thread on ecological issues. (NB: in the current thread on
"the money supply", it was noted that gold was a non-reproduceable
commodity. Perhaps this might make a good jumping-off point to discuss
non-renewable resources and capitalism).

Let's hope that Paul B's return is the beginning of a trend and some of
the other 12 comrades who have resigned from OPE-L over the years will
decided to return. (btw, I doubt if any other list on the Internet has as
low a "turnover rate" as we have had!).

Consequently, I am very happy to proclaim: Welcome back aboard,
Paul B!

You are back where you belong - among comrades and friends.

In solidarity, Jerry

Paul B's e-mail address: <ECBURKE@scifac.indstate.edu>