[OPE-L:1918] Fanis Papadatos

Gerald Levy (glevy@PRATT.EDU)
Tue, 14 Dec 1999 07:17:03 -0500 (EST)

Fanis Papadatos has joined OPE-L.

He is currently employed as a full-time economist at the Bank of
Greece (the Greek central bank), in the department of Foreign Exchange
Policy.

He received a master's degree in economics from the New School for Social
Research (now New School University) and is currently completing a Ph.D
in economics at SOAS, University of London.

He describes his research interests, at present, as:

My research interests are obviously focused on my Ph.D topic. I am
working on a critical analysis of Post-Keynesian, Austrian and Marxist
theory of money, in opposition to the Quantity theory. In particular,
I am concerned to show that instability in real accumulation can lead to
aggregate price instability even though the supply of money might be
endogenous. In this connection, I am interested in developing the
implications of capital and trade account openness for the process of
credit money creation.

[Fanis: I'd be interested in knowing what you think the role of gold is
within Greece in particular and Europe. Is gold, for instance, in any
way the money commodity? Further, are there any indications that other
commodities are currently performing the role of commodity money?]

Fanis: welcome aboard!

In solidarity, Jerry

Fanis Papadatos <dpf75@hotmail.com>