[OPE-L:1939] Re: thanks

Fred B. Moseley (fmoseley@mtholyoke.edu)
Fri, 17 Dec 1999 09:54:54 -0500 (EST)

On Sat, 11 Dec 1999, nicola taylor wrote:

> BTW, I have just started reading the archives, and I hope it's not
> out of place for a newcomer to complement everyone on the amazing
> diversity of perspectives on this list - also it is a great
> achievement (given the nature of lists) that there have been so
> few *hurtful* disagreements; surely something that the moderator
> and the participants can be VERY proud of!

> comradely Nicky

Nicky, thanks very much for this very nice complement (certainly not out
of place!). I also think that it is a significant achievement that we
have been able to maintain a relatively civil and generally very
productive discussion among different perspectives at a high level for
over three years. I think we are making advances (although slow and
tedious at times), at least in mutual understanding and also in the
understanding and articulation of our own views, to a degree that would
not have been possible without OPEL.

A special thanks again to Jerry for organizing all this. And thanks also
to the recent "newcomers" (including Nicky of course), who have given the
discussion some new ideas and some renewed momentum.

I also have intended to say for a while that I also appreciate very much
the work of Iwao and now Allin in maintaining the OPEL archives. I think
these archives will be a valuable resource for Marxian scholarship in the
future. And they certainly provide a good way for newcomers to
familiarize themselves with our prior discussions, as Nicky has done.

Nicky, thanks again for your comments.

I look forward to continuing the discussion ...

Comradely,
Fred