[OPE-L:1945] Fwd: E-mail Vote for Karl Marx. DO IT NOW!

Paul Zarembka (zarembka@ACSU.BUFFALO.EDU)
Sat, 18 Dec 1999 23:00:40

fya, Paul

Paul Zarembka, supporting RESEARCH IN POLITICAL ECONOMY web site
******************** http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/PZarembka

--- FORWARDED MESSAGE BEGINS ---
(please forward)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/static/events/millennium/default.stm

The BBC is conducting an internet poll to determine "the man of the
millenium" (last month Indira Gandhi was chosen woman of the millenium).
Anyone anywhere can have one vote for each e-mail address. Karl won the
November "Thinker of the Millennium" vote, got tons of publicity, and he
stands a real chance now - so VOTE NOW! Here are the standings thus far:

1. Mahatma Gandhi
2. Leonardo da Vinci
3. Nelson Mandela
4. Sir Isaac Newton
5. Albert Einstein
6. Martin Luther King
7. Jesus Christ
8. Sir Winston Churchill
9. Charles Darwin
10. Karl Marx

As you can see, our man Karl is trailing in tenth spot. Help boost Karl to
first (we did it once before with the Thinker of the Millenium poll in
September) by voting at
http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/static/events/millennium/default.stm

---END FORWARDED MESSAGE---