[OPE-L:1951] Re: Re: value-form theories

Fred B. Moseley (fmoseley@mtholyoke.edu)
Sun, 19 Dec 1999 09:56:40 -0500 (EST)

An additional comment to your last paragraph.

> I find Marx's assertion
> regarding what 'every child knows' about social labour
> entirely convincing - indeed quite obvious - as a justification
> of Marx's presentation of the law of value.

I also find Marx's argument sufficient justification for the plausibility
of the labor theory of value. In addition, as I have argued in a recent
post, I also think that further justification for the validity of this
assumption is provided by Marx's argument in Chapter 1, and, most
importantly, also by the explanatory power of this assumption. All in
all, I think this is powerful support for the "grounding" of Marx's
assumption.

Fred