1. Fill out the necessary paperwork to obtain a radiation badge from WFUBMC Environmental Health and Safety (See X-ray Lab Manager for forms).
2. Complete training course on the use of the machine and x-ray safety.
3. Fill out the SAMPLE SUBMISSION FORM for single crystal and powder samples.
4. For single crystal samples, see the X-ray Lab Manager to reserve time on the x-ray diffractometer and obtain a WFU X-ray Code Number. Record the code on the sample submission sheet. All data files will be stored under this code and structures will be referenced by this code. User priority is determined by the X-ray Lab Manager
5. For powder samples, reserve time using the on-line WFULabs Central Reservation System.