Amazon Kindle Fire HD 8.9"
2012-11-30 5:56 PM
- no AC adapter, can use one from iPad.
- 65% charged only
- not available on 1st day pre-order for $15 option for no "Special Offers" screensaver & lock screen (Intel UltraBook & Disney Epic Mickey 2)
- quickstart sheet barely has corner out of pocket, fell inside easily, almost impossible to pull out. poor design
- $19.99 for fast one
- first boot download 587MB firmware update 8.1.2_user_1211420 from 8.1.1 114620 network too slow,background later. cannot use sync to force download like Fire? turn off and it updates itself
- icons in carossel is comically large
- flushed black buttons on black chassis are impossible to find in low light, obsessive design trumps usability? make them different colors