February 26, 2012 10:45 AM
First published: Feb 1, 2012
Logitech Alert 750e
not supported in synology surveillance station...
- unlike DCS-932L, only available from Staples? $199->$149 (cheaper buy more than three)
- H.264, MPEG4 in addition to M-JPEG
- 5M IR LED, 1.0 lux
- MicroSD slot
- no HD, 640x480 30 fps
- mydlink.com or apps - 1 camera Lite free [Plus (view 4 camera, $0.99)], only 60 seconds at a time if route doesn't support uPnP.
- webset up image live view doesn't work if use xyz.mydlink.com (DDNS?), stuck on processing. direct IP works
- can trigger email/ftp (either, not both) video clip. cannot schedule individual days (e.g. weekends) different times, just one from/to hours for all days (you can check/uncheck which day)
- default motion detect configuration 90% too sensitive
- discontined. default to fix IP/gateway, not DHCP, need to use setup to find it and change
- time reset back to 2003 every time you unplug
- online "help" is completely no help
- works with Synology Surveillance Station 5
- no more update, cannot update firmware
- full screen app, non standard UI (own min, close buttons), cannot choice 1 cam view, min. 4
Synology Surveillance Station 5
- using D-Link DCS-900W but software's built in motion detection, still too sensitive to cloud, tree shadows, light flare etc. can ended up with hundreds of false trigger a day.
- scheduling much better.
- cannot acces video via share, system use only
- cannot bulk download video, at least can delete multiple (selected, this page, filtered, all) though
- license for 1 camera only? need to buy 1 or 4 camera addon pack for more?
- VisualStation VS80 and mobile DS cam available