by Ching-Wan Yip
August 11, 2017 6:04 PM
First published: Jun 29, 2017
announced: 2016/10/25 - https://www.blog.google/products/g-suite/jamboard-whiteboard-reimagined-collaboration-cloud/
available 2017/05/23 - https://gsuiteupdates.googleblog.com/2017/05/lets-jamjamboard-is-now-available.html, https://www.blog.google/products/g-suite/lets-jam-jamboard-now-available/
FAQ - https://support.google.com/jamboard/answer/7384240
Help Center - https://support.google.com/jamboard#topic=7383643
- 55" 4K 60Hz
- 2 stylus, eraser
- 3 colors - blue, red, gray
- Bluetooth for apps to find nearby boards
- UX - cannot copy and paste between frames - partial fixed in 2nd and 3rd updates - allowing duplicate and move to adjacent frames
- UX - no URL object (or full browser - on purpse - to simplify things?)
- UX - no full color picker (on purpose - to simply things)
- .jam - save in Drive? where?
- Docs - cannot collaborate edit or save, only viewable or save as image (and low res, fuzzy if zoom)
- Docs - small window, only shows ~3.24 slides, cannot make larger
- client - no driver to use as Wacom Cintiq for Photoshop, Office
- Google Cast - limits to HD, no 4K HDR like Chrome Cast Ultra?
- Google Cast - cast to name not same as board name?
- Hangout - cannot start hangout from hangout on air, tablet or phone app. (unless find meeting code/ID in invite?) only in desktp web (or Hangout Meet?)
- Hangout - only in small, movable to 4 quadrants window, no resize or full screen.
- Camera - window only in center, not movable or resizable
- Camera - 1080p only, not 4K60p like Cisco Spark Board
- Web search - only 1/2 screen wide search max, no full chrome
- Web search - youtube video not capture by crop
- Image search - less result than web search and then filter to images - only copyright free?
- IME - english only?
- app - phone jam app limited, tablet almost full function except some erase not updated sometimes
- app - share as PDF sometimes miss elements
- app - slow to update on client sometimes, leave ghost residuals
- app - crashes a lot
- help - video about start broadcast - no longer available
- wireless - not save 2nd step and certificate settings
- wireless - factory firmware cannot connect to cisco enterprise (no username, only ask for password), use wire to update android kiosk first
- update - from factory to 20170530 to build jam_kiosk_20170627-1700_RC02.161195733
- update - no button, have to wait for auto update
- screen - cannot use liquid to clean? only microfibric
- set up - need domain admin to approve it with code that changes every minutes. no for end user
- cost - optional $1349 rolling stand very expensive, $600 yearly charge