Yue-Ling Wong's Sample Work Related to Digital Media
« Back to Portfolio List
- Category: Kid's Game, Casual Game
- Technology Used: Flash Lite, Director Lingo
- Brief Description: This game is kind of a mix of Frogger and Hangman games. When the frog lands on a block, a letter will be uncovered. The blocks make up a word. If not all the frogs get to land on a block, you will need to guess the word. The game was originally created for Web using Director Lingo in 1997, and was recreated for cell phones Nokia 3650 using Flash Lite in 2006. I plan to recreate it once again but for iPhone this time.
Flash Lite Version in 2006
This game requires latest version of Shockwave plugin.
How to Play:
1. Pick a category (Plants or Animals), and pick a number from that category.
2. Use the Up arrow key to move the frog to cross the creek. Try to land the frog on the logs or water-lily leaves while crossing the creek. If the frog falls into the water, it will drown! (Huh, a frog drowns?!) To use a turbo leap, hit the Enter key--it doubles the distance of the normal jump (this is useful for getting to the very last yellow block).
3. Land the frog inside the yellow blocks on the other side of the creek. If a frog is landed safely inside a yellow block, a letter will appear on that block. Otherwise, it will land splat!
4. After you use up 6 frogs, you will have to spell the word based on the letters you have uncovered in the yellow blocks.
Tips: There is no time limit. So, take your time. You can control which yellow block the frog to land on. Thus, do some thinking while you play--look at what letters you have uncovered, then think and plan the next one to uncover so that it will help you get the word right!