[OPE-L:3899] Re: Re: Re: Re: Fred/Ajit discussion

From: ECUSERS (ECBURKE@scifac.indstate.edu)
Date: Thu Sep 28 2000 - 22:14:16 EDT

Paul Z:

Sorry, Paul, my fault for not seeing your point. I see what you were
getting at now, and I am not sure we disagree. I was using "capital"
in the sense simply of M-M', the growth of monetary value. Of
course, "capital" in the sense of wage labor involves more than just
M-M', although it does take that form too -- wage labor being one way
to get M' bigger than M (the only way if we take a system of
generalized commodity production as a whole).

Cheers, Paul B.