[OPE-L:4960] dynamic and chaotic systems

From: Gerald_A_Levy (Gerald_A_Levy@email.msn.com)
Date: Mon Feb 19 2001 - 08:03:07 EST

Paul Z has observed that the expression "accumulation of capital" has been both used and mis-used by many Marxists.  Can we say the same about the use of the expressions "dynamics" and "chaos theory"?

Before we can address that question, it seems to me, we need to first attempt to identify the *formal*  characteristics of all dynamic models and all chaotic models.
(NB: I am not asking for a litany of the characteristics of each type of  dynamic and/or chaotic model but am rather asking what are the common characteristics of all such theories).

Can anyone (Steve K? others?) list these formal characteristics?

In solidarity, Jerry