[OPE-L:5047] RE: The RRPE Controversy

From: Gerald_A_Levy (Gerald_A_Levy@email.msn.com)
Date: Fri Feb 23 2001 - 04:14:36 EST

Sorry, I made a brief mistake in 5046.  The following sentence is hereby
revised ( revisions with capitalization) to reflect what I wanted to write:

>  Nonetheless, I found the claims that he made to be
> disturbing. It is very  unclear to me, though, whether
> *EVEN IF* WE ACCEPT THE HIS EVIDENCE
> AT  FACE VALUE  (WHICH I DON'T)  there were > one  or two incidents in
which TSSI   authors were
 > treated  unfairly or whether there was a *pattern*  by
> the  _RRPE_ of rejecting submissions by TSSI
> advocates _because_  the  submissions
>  were submitted by members of that group or because > they failed to meet
other legitimate criteria for
> publication.

In  other words, my revision (what I wanted to originally write but messed
up at this early hour) suggests that I have not come to any determination --
one way or another -- whether there was "suppression". The rest of the quote
above stands as written.

In  solidarity, Jerry