[OPE-L:5228] Re: Re: Re: Re: RE: RE: Re: [Mike W] Re: use-value as quantitative

From: Rakesh Narpat Bhandari (rakeshb@Stanford.EDU)
Date: Thu Mar 22 2001 - 01:16:40 EST

>Dear Rakesh,
>
>please read my posts more carefully.
>
>I was quoting Arun Bose in the section you highlighted.

Yes, Steve, I understand that I am expressing a criticism of Bose's
conclusion with which you are expressing assent (and I'll look for
Bose's book in the library). But the question remains: have you and
Bose confused the possibility of an indirect effect on surplus value
from the use value of a machine with the thesis that the use value of
a machine (that is dead labor) is itself directly productive of new
value?

I'll reattach my original post since you did not respond to it.