[OPE-L:6271] Re: Re: Citation from Vol. 3 help requested

From: Paul Zarembka (zarembka@ACSU.BUFFALO.EDU)
Date: Wed Jan 09 2002 - 23:23:53 EST

Michael,  I'm not sure you are incorrect as I think the problem hinges on
the correct Marx text.  With the "and" it looks like peasants are included,
without the "and" it looks like large capitalists are gobbling up the small
ones who are involved in production in their own enterprises.  Without the
"and" the whole passage doesn't seem very significant and this is perhaps
what you are now picking up in saying the citation is not terribly
important.

For those interested, *The Commoner*, at www.commoner.org.uk as an online
publication, has a whole issue on  Enclosures, including a reprint of some
of Michael's book.

Paul

Paul Zarembka, editor, RESEARCH IN POLITICAL ECONOMY at
********************* http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/PZarembka