[OPE-L:6462] Re: Re: Re: Re: How taking a class in Marx and/orMarxian economics is valuable for business students

From: Claus Magno Germer (cmgermer@sociais.ufpr.br)
Date: Tue Jan 29 2002 - 13:59:20 EST

Probably most of the members of the list are aware of the expansion that
marxism experienced in Japan before World War II. After the war and until
very recently about half of the teachers in economics in the japanese
universities are said to have been Marxists. More about this can be found in
Bottomore's "A dictionary of marxist thought", under Japanese Marxism, I
guess (I don't have the English edition).

Claus Germer
cmgermer@sociais.ufpr.br
Departamento de Economia
Curso de Mestrado e Doutorado em